Floyd County Courthouse
Phone: (540) 745-9330
RECORDING STOPS 15 MINUTES PRIOR TO CLOSING
Pursuant to Section 30-13 of the Code of Virginia, the Clerk of the Circuit Court is required to post the proposed amendments to the Constitution of Virginia.
To view proposed amendments click here.
Rhonda T. Vaughn, Clerk
Danah T. Howell, Deputy Clerk
Joan M. Slusher, Deputy Clerk
Amber G. Cockram, Deputy Clerk
Honorable Marcus H. Long, Jr. (Resident Judge)
Honorable Brett L. Geisler
Honorable Josiah T. Showalter, Jr. (Chief Judge)
Honorable H. Lee Harrell
Honorable R M D Turk
Honorable Bradley W. Finch
FOIA Contact: Rhonda T. Vaughn
Terms begin first day March, June, September & December
Grand Juries, first day of Term, 9:00 AM
Cases set by agreement of counsel and consent of court. Contact the Court to set hearings up to 4 hours, otherwise a praecipe is required.
Court convenes at 9:00 AM
Commissioners in Chancery are utilized in equitable distribution.
Court cases may be accessed at www.courts.state.va.us/.
Virginia Judicial System Information Forms: www.courts.state.va.us/forms/circuit/home.html
CRIMINAL COURT COST INSTALLMENT GUIDELINES
- A down payment of at least the first installment or more should be collected when setting up a payment plan.
- Ask for the plan to be as much as they can pay, but no less than $100.00 per month or an amount set by the Court.
- If it is requested to pay less than the $100.00 per month, an amount must be approved by the Court or a Probation Officer.
- When a payment plan is defaulted, they must catch up the delinquent payments or it will be requested you pay 25% of the balance due to be reinstated. If neither is done, they must appear before the Court for approval. A new plan will then be set up with minimum payments again being required.
- If a payment due date falls on a weekend or holiday—payment is due the day before—NOT—the day after that weekend or holiday.
Land Records Information
Land Books are online at egov.efile.com/floyd/search.asp
GIS information is online at http://floyd.interactivegis.com/
Deeds and other land instrument fee calculations www.courts.state.va.us/
The land records can be accessed in person at the Clerk of Court’s Office at 100 East Main Street in the Town of Floyd. Indices to land records are computerized from 1970 to date. Other indices as judgments, financing statements, wills, etc. are computerized from January 1, 1994 to date. All prior records are in bound books.
Secure remote access of images of land records are online. Indices would also be online. If you would be interested in accessing these records, and willing to pay a quarterly fee, please contact us.
Dial-in to indices is available through modem access by sign-up with Clerk. An access fee will be charged.
Old marriage index and Civil War information online:
Old Chancery index online: